Back Issues: December 13, 2017

Joey Yourchek becomes GVCC Ambassador

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

The Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce (GVCC) has expanded their red coat Ambassador team to include Joey Yourchek, general manager of Elfin Services. Yourchek will help the GVCC by representing the business community at groundbreakings, ribbon cuttings, and workshops/training events. Yourchek’s background is in guardianship and trust administration. He has worked as a fiduciary for almost 12 years. He continues to manage guardianship cases, while overseeing the overall processes and operations of the In-Home Care and Care Management agency. Yourchek also serves on the Southwest Washington Elder Abuse Prevention Coalition Board, is a member of the Washington Home Care Association, and is a regular volunteer for the Arthritis Foundation and Alzheimer’s Association.

SHARE THIS STORY:

Monthly Alzheimers support group offered at Kaiser in Salmon Creek

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Those caring for someone with memory loss and looking for information and support, are welcome to attend monthly family caregiver support groups hosted by the Alzheimer’s Association. Meetings are typically held the last Monday of each month, from 6:30 to 8 p.m., at Kaiser Permanente Salmon Creek Clinic, Conference Room 3, 14406 NE 20th Ave. The group is cancelled for December because the last Monday is Christmas Day, Dec. 25. The groups provide a consistent and caring place for people to learn, share and gain emotional support from others who are also on a unique journey of providing care to a person with memory loss. For information on this group, call facilitator Lisa Rasmussen at 360-281-2886.

SHARE THIS STORY:

Washougal School Board approves two-year contract with Public School Employees Association

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

This week, Washougal School District Board of Directors approved a two-year agreement between the Washougal chapter of the Public School Employees (PSE) association and Washougal School District. Members of PSE voted to ratify the contract on November 27, 2017. This agreement is for 2017-19 with a re-opener on salary only in 2018. The agreement calls for a 2.7% across-the-board salary increase applied in addition to the 2.3% State Cost of Living Allowance (COLA), resulting in a total salary increase of 5.0%. The new agreement allows spouses who are both in the employee group to pool insurance allocations and provides specific job-title pay increases for para-professionals, warehouse person, dispatchers and early learning staff over a two-year period.

SHARE THIS STORY:

Seasons of Hope Celebration & Fundraiser Jan. 19

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

 

Community Home Health & Hospice will hold its first annual Seasons of Hope Celebration & Fundraiser on Friday, Jan. 19, 2018, from 7:30 to 9 a.m., at Royal Oaks Country Club in Vancouver. The public is invited to attend this breakfast event.

Proceeds from the fundraiser will support on-going, free grief care for everyone in Clark County, not only hospice families. Guests will receive the latest news about upcoming construction of the Seasons of Hope Grief Center and memorial garden. It will be built in Salmon Creek next to Community Home Health & Hospice’s Elaine and Don Heimbigner Hospice Care Center. The anticipated opening is late 2018.

Tickets are $45 each and tables for eight are $350. To register, go to https://chhh.ejoinme.org/seasons. Sponsorship opportunities are available. To learn more, email michele.kophs@chhh.org or call  360-957-0614.

SHARE THIS STORY: